A 2% gap in your insulation can lead to a 20% loss in heat:
Heat rises so insulating the ceiling is the best energy saving thing you can do.
Heatpumps heat in winter and Cool in summer:
A heatpump is energy efficient because for every 1kW in electricity they use, they deliver 3kW of heating or cooling
FREE Insulation for Low Income Households
WARM UP FOR WINTER is a limited offer for low-income households to make their home warmer, drier and healthier for FREE.
What is the Warm Up for Winter programme?
As part of the Government’s insulation programme Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes, Right House has teamed up with the Cottingham Family Warm Up Charitable Trust to generously provide extra funding (in addition to the Government funding from the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority, EECA) to provide FREE ceiling and underfloor insulation to qualifying homes.
The programme is currently available in Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
How do homeowners or tenants qualify for free insulation?
Homeowners or tenants may be eligible if:
· Someone in the house is at risk of a health issue linked to cold damp housing – such as a respiratory condition OR
· Children under 17yrs old or people over 65yrs old are living in the house
There are some eligibility requirements:
· The house must have been built before the year 2000,
· The person who owns and occupies the house; or holds the tenancy agreement for the address, must be a current Community Services Card holder,
· The house must have no insulation or inadequate insulation in both the ceiling and under the floor. The Right House team will help determine if this is the case,
· If the house is rented; the landlord’s consent will be required prior to the insulation being installed,
· Unfortunately Housing New Zealand homes are not eligible for this scheme.
Right House will confirm eligibility when they make the first contact with the customer.
What are the benefits of insulating?
The principal benefits are a warmer, drier home. EECA has gone back to people that have had their house insulated through the previous Warm Up New Zealand: Heat Smart programme. 84% have noticed a warmer home since insulating through the programme and 62% of people -who had regular sickness in their family; reported improved health. There are numerous health benefits especially for the young and the elderly. Remember that insulation is essential for an energy-efficient house too – it keeps the heat in during winter and the house cool in the summer.
Who will do the work?
The insulation will be installed by Right House and we are an approved Service Provider for the Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme. All work will be done to the standards set by the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) and in accordance with the New Zealand Building Act.
What type of insulation will be installed?
Right House only works with manufacturers who supply high quality and high performing insulation products. You can have confidence that all insulation products installed by our team are approved EECA products and will be from one of the leading brands available in New Zealand.
How do I apply?
You can call the Right House team on 0800 744 569 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Right House team will check that you and your home meet the qualifying criteria, take you through the process, and then arrange for an in-home consultation.
2. We will come to your home and assess the ceiling and under floor.
3. Arrange a convenient time for our team to visit your home and install the insulation. (An average install takes approximately half a day).
What are you waiting for?
Make your home warmer, drier and healthier - before next winter. Click here to download the application form.